Monday, October 3, 2011

New state of affairs post for Second Life.

Rod Humble (aka Rodvik Linden) made a state of affairs post about Second Life today.  Here is the link and my thoughts on some of it are below.

The post on SLU.

First off, seeing the CEO admitting the customer support needs more work is a wonderful thing.  This is a huge issues with a lot of people.  A wonderful breath full of honesty.

New and updated policies.  I'm crossing my fingers and hoping for some new rules against cyberstalking and taking things that are SL based outside of the grid (the JLU stalking people they call griefers in RL).  At least some more privacy policies as well, along with the ability to enforce them and punish those who break the rules.

New AI things.  Can't wait to see this start going into effect.  I just want to set back and be a onlooker as the bugs and kinks are worked out of this system.  There should be some very humorous aftereffects of this to say the least.

Of course new premium stuff is mentioned as well.  I'm all over this as I've been making a few suggestions to Rodvik over on his feed about small ideas for it.  It has really been nice to see a CEO that listens, sees good ideas and hands them off to the people that can take of those ideas.  So unless one of the announcements is the JLU becoming Lindens I'll likely be premium for life.

No comments:

Post a Comment